Celebrating its 15th anniversary February 24 – 28, 2016 with more than 80 events spanning both Miami-Dade and Broward counties, this year’s SOBEWFF Festival features a plethora of options to hand-pick for your favorite wine, food and spirits enthusiast.
Find a fit for every fantasy with these options – and don’t worry about the wallet; they’re all under $100.
- For the midnight muncher: Fireman Derek’s Midnight Breakfast hosted by Chrissy Teigen ($95) – Friday, February 26. The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit cover model, television host and savvy social media maven Chrissy Teigen has been a part of SOBEWFF®® on and off since 2008, and returns with her own event for its 15th anniversary. Taking place just days after the release of her first cookbook, Cravings: Recipes For What You Want To Eat Right Now, Teigen is joined by South Florida favorite Fireman Derek, who has rounded up firefighters representing houses from all over Miami to serve up their best sweet and savory breakfast creations at this midnight soirée. Accented by pours from Kenwood Vineyards, this is one fiery feast that will burn into the early morning hours.
- For the cheese lover: Grilled Cheese Happy Hour hosted by Laura Werlin & Ms. Cheezious ($95) – Friday, February 26. SOBEWFF®® is taking the classic happy hour to the next level at its first Grilled Cheese Happy Hour. To ensure attendees get to taste the best in the business, the Festival has enlisted James Beard Award-winning author Laura Werlin and South Florida sensation Ms. Cheezious® to melt guests’ taste buds. Paired with offerings from Noble Vines and Strongbow Hard Apple Ciders, this amped up happy hour will set the perfect tone for the rest of the evening!
- For your favorite four-legged friend: Nutrish®’s Yappie Hour hosted by Rachael Ray ($95) – Saturday, February 27. After its successful introduction last year, Fido’s favorite event of the weekend is back in a big way! Ray, widely known for her deep affection for her beloved Isaboo, will once again host this puppy playdate overlooking the sparkling waters of Biscayne Bay. Ray’s pet food line Nutrish®, the sales of which have generated more than $9 million dollars for animals in need, will be on hand to satiate the pooches. Guests of the human breed will enjoy libations from Tito’s Handmade Vodka and Chateau La Paws™.
- For the bubbly imbiber: Croquetas & Champagne hosted by Jean-Georges Vongerichten ($95) – Saturday, February 27. Miami’s chicest new neighborhood never looked (and tasted) so good. SOBEWFF®® will turn the Design District’s Paradise Plaza into a late-night party of haute happenings accented by free-flowing Champagne Henriot. South Florida food authority Burger Beast has rounded up an elite assembly of local chefs to serve up their best take on the classic croqueta to add to the evening’s indulgences and pay homage to this widely enjoyed Latin snack.
- For those with an appetite for knowledge: Bank of America Lifestyle Seminars ($55 – $85) – Saturday, February 27 & Sunday, February 28. The Festival has gathered some of the best minds in town to share their knowledge on a variety of specialized subjects at this year’s seminar series. Topics include: Uvaggio’s Somm Slam hosted by Tanner Gill, Heath Porter and Anthony Giglio; Past Meets Present Pairing hosted by Timon Balloo and Bar Lab; Wine & Cheese hosted by Laura Werlin and Josh Wesson; Beer Seminar hosted by Evan Benn; Sip & Sea hosted by Danny Serfer and Josh Wesson; and Sweets & Spirits hosted by Andrew Shotts and Anthony Giglio.
These events, and many more, are available online at sobefest.com or by calling 877.762.3933 (phone sales open Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST). SOBEWFF® has raised more than $22 million to date for the Wine Spectator Restaurant Management Laboratory and Southern Wine & Spirits Beverage Management Center at the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management located on Florida International University’s Biscayne Bay campus.